The Last One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan TLO

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The forum layout

Go down 
+3
iAmerika
Admin
Atomicist
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Atomicist

Atomicist

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:53 pm

I've been to a lot of forums, both successful and unsuccessful, since about 2002. It's kind of a hobby of mine. Anyway one problem a lot of new forums have which I see here is the number of subforums. People don't tend to post in forums that feel empty and dead. With things so spread out and subject specific there is not enough activity and relevant material to keep all those sub forums active. Also, there end up being multiple areas where a subject could be discussed and subjects end up fractured and/or misplaced. I have been on forums with 100,000 registered users and not that many sub-forums. Trust me I know forums, and this is one instance where more is less.

In my opinion the forum can have one [subforum section] for more/than/one/specific/subject

Clan discussion/news/info/rules [clan]
Forum rules/ideas/bans/appeals [Forum]
Tournament discussion/info/event organization [events]
[Starcraft]
[Warcraft]
[dotA]
[WoW]
[Diablo]
[Console games]
social/random/other [lounge]

shrinking a forum down from 30 subforms to 10 subforums would help keep things more active and organized. This means preventing subjects like dotA preferences/builds from being discussed in three different places. Also, a subject like 'the ps3' does not need an entire separate forum for the online version when there arent going to be more than five threads in each of them a month anyway. I did not include a forum for maps because it seems that it would be most efficient for people to post links to maps in the forum of the respective game.

I hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:38 am

Nice thanks for the help ill be sure to put thoes into day and take out old Smile
Back to top Go down
https://clantlo.forumotion.com
iAmerika

iAmerika

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 pm

You should add a chat thing to the bottom of the page like an Instant Message box
or even a Shout box that can be up front
Back to top Go down
CharlesManson
Admin
CharlesManson

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 am

Someone needs to get warlords attention on this thread, as blunt saw it but is done here.
I'll do it when I'm back from spring break but I wouldn't mind if it was taken care b4 then.
Back to top Go down
warlord122
Admin
warlord122

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

i dont know how to do shit with computers (i got lucky with the bot lol) if someone wants to take a stab at it pm me and ill give them Admin password. (preferably atomicist or manson)
Back to top Go down
TheZWN

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:06 pm

I could probably do it, but I understand the trust issue. Hopefully those good idea changes will be implemented.
Back to top Go down
CharlesManson
Admin
CharlesManson

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 am

Send it to me sunday afternoon and I'll look at it. Anyone know why blunt left?
Back to top Go down
MVPstevenash
Admin
MVPstevenash

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: lets take of video game section   The forum layout EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am

lets get rid of the wii ps3 and xbox section its taking up room and no one is posting. if u want just make one section called video games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The forum layout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forum layout   The forum layout Empty

Back to top Go down

The forum layout
Page 1 of 1