The Last One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan TLO

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how can we form a fair team?

Go down 
+9
Odin
iAmerika
ghostwalk620
SilverEyedWitch
warlord122
pavjoe2
TheZWN
Gmoney520
nonstopblue
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nonstopblue

how can we form a fair team? Empty
PostSubject: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

feel good play inhouse game, i learn a lot from it. many players are playing dota for at least 2 years. i think we need a ranking list. the special ranking list. 5 of the good players in our clan can decide who the best, who is second seed, who is third, and so on. so when we play inhouse game we can form a fair team to play, and learn more about how to use heroes and the strategies. cm, and cd are the best mode to play. so we can learn how to counter each hero.

how to create a fair team?
suppose there r 10 players: 1 seed, 2nd seed, 3 , 6, 7, 11, 20, 23, 25, 34
the team will be:
team 1: seeds: 1, 6, 7, 23, 25
team 2: seeds: 2, 3, 11. 20, 34
winning a game is fun, but we cant win all games, when we lose games dont be angry. learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Gmoney520

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 6:33 pm

i think the idea has merit but i think ranking players by seeds puts an unnecessary weight on how ppl play/how ppl are viewed in the clan. i think for the most part ppl know that they are going to be playing against some good players. as far as making fair games i think it just takes a little maturity from the better high end players. they dont all need to be on the same team and they can take it upon themselves to play with some weaker players now and then. its not like they will be playing with 4 pub scrubs anyway and this way the weaker players get better by playing with/against the good players. once i again i think its a good idea but i think it would do more harm than good in the short/long term... post up what urrbody thinks of both ideas
Back to top Go down
TheZWN

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:16 pm

I like the idea in general, but from what I have noticed in the inhouses I have played in is that either shuffle players is used or pav or someone else like balances the team from their perspective and it usually works out good.
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:40 pm

nonstopblue stop crying, you can play on my team again relax.
Back to top Go down
warlord122
Admin
warlord122

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Yea we usually do sp in inhouse games and i think it usually works out fine. Even if the teams are unfair the other team always has the option to FF when they think they have no chance and simply start another game.
Back to top Go down
SilverEyedWitch

SilverEyedWitch

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 am

A guy in college did a ranking system for the people of us in the dorm that played dota together. Unfortunately, I think it did more harm than good because it creates labels on people, and the possibility of a Self-Fullfilling prophecy can occur. However, I would like to expand this idea to instead of using a "ranking" system for balancing teams, instead use it to figure out who could benefit from training/help from the better players. Thus, we could form, in a way, "training sessions" to help improve the other members of the clan. I, for one, will admit that I am not a noob nor am I a pro by any means; I am sure that many people in the clan have strengths with certain heroes that others might have weaknesses with. For example, I am not that great with Invoker, but I would like to learn how to properly use him. So, just as a suggestion and you can express your opinions on it, but I would like to take this ranking system idea instead of using it to balance teams, use it to figure out what players could benefit from teaching. We have to remember that everyone was a noob at dota at some point of time.
Back to top Go down
ghostwalk620
Admin
ghostwalk620

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 am

SilverEyedWitch wrote:
I, for one, will admit that I am not a noob nor am I a pro by any means; I am sure that many people in the clan have strengths with certain heroes that others might have weaknesses with. For example, I am not that great with Invoker, but I would like to learn how to properly use him.

Good thing I'm in this clan. I'm the best invoker on Earth. Period.
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 am

silvereyedwitch you think about it too much i think
Back to top Go down
Gmoney520

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:18 am

yeah i agree lets just play some fun dota games that we all can learn from Smile it doesnt have to be crazy serious all the time
Back to top Go down
iAmerika

iAmerika

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 pm

it should be completely random teams for fairness
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Could someone give me a help session with es sometime? I need help from one of our clan pros.
Back to top Go down
warlord122
Admin
warlord122

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:46 pm

ghostwalk620 wrote:
SilverEyedWitch wrote:
I, for one, will admit that I am not a noob nor am I a pro by any means; I am sure that many people in the clan have strengths with certain heroes that others might have weaknesses with. For example, I am not that great with Invoker, but I would like to learn how to properly use him.

Good thing I'm in this clan. I'm the best invoker on Earth. Period.
i thought sangheili was beter than you.
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 pm

Odin wrote:
Could someone give me a help session with es sometime? I need help from one of our clan pros.
go to top of screen hit index then click warcraft 3 then click how to be pro tda then wacth all the videos ...
Back to top Go down
Odin

Odin

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I've seen the vids but I still require help with es.

Last edited by Odin on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atomicist

Atomicist

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 5:09 pm

I think if people aren't on vent at least listening they should be considered pubs
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:38 am

ES is a good initiator/ganker. best in dual lan with another stun such as vs. This is to set up chain stun for kills. es is also a good roamer. the basic goal when you play Es is to get blink asap. i would pesonaly get boots bottle 1 or 2 nulls and dagge. With that you are pretty much set. in team fights basicly just stay out of harms way untill you see all the enemy heros close together this might not always happen but whenever they seem the closest you blink on top of them and ult immediately then fissue . this is important becasue echo slam has no cast time so you can use it first to stun. alteritive is to fissure first then blink in and ult. forgot to mention skills :
fissure
echant totem
fissure
aftershock
fissure
echoslam
fissure

OR

fissure
stat
fissure
stat
fissure
echoslam
fissure
blahblahblah

items after the core i mentioned
ultscepter
BoTs
shiva
sheep
Back to top Go down
SilverEyedWitch

SilverEyedWitch

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:23 pm

I would like to modify my previous statement. That is, I believe that in order to form a fair team, we need to solve a few issues first.
Number one, is the lack of full inhouse games. If we our clan is "full" why can we never have full inhouse games? Why does pav make a game, a bunch of pp join making a full inhouse, then a few leave to make their own game and forcing pav to pub it?
Number two, is the blame game. I am tired of hearing this in/from pubs, and I would expect that a clan, as a group of players, would be above it. But, blaming a certain player or crying about lag all game is not an effective way of either playing a game or developing a fair team. If you think a player is not performing to your expectations, don't critisize them and call them a noob all game, tell them how they can improve and teach them from your skill and experience. If you blame certain players for their style or lack of skill, you put labels on them and spread the gossip to other clan members, making these "lower players" viewed as completely useless. Thus, making the clan weaker because a handful of "good" players does nothing for the clan as a whole, especially those who need to learn/improve.
Finally, number three, is the view that everyone that plays an inhouse must be a pro and must be a pro at every situation and moment of time. First of all, not everyone is pro. Sorry if we aren't as all godlike players like pav or greentea. That doesn't mean that you should degrade and hound on those that aren't as good as you. In addition, if someone is not playing to the expectations you have, then tell that person how to reach your expectations. People can be affected by lag, fatigue, and random thoughts/concerns involving life flowing through their mind.
Again, not everyone is a pro and I am sure that many of the people in the clan aren't as good as other members would like them to be. I know, because I for one am not pro and is very often the targeted scapegoat for the blame game. As a clan, there's an expectation that is set for the clan: a group of people that act with maturity and integrity to improve its members.
Back to top Go down
nonstopblue

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 pm

good points. stop calling clan mates noob. this is harmful to our clan. we should bring our clan mate together, form a strong clan.
definition:
PRO player: good at playing every hero, know how to do team work, understand how to lead team to win, support teammates' spirits, never call teammate a noob, but help them to play in right. never get angry. find the reasons why lose the game, instead of finding the excuses. learn from the the game.
GOOD player: play dota at lease 3 years, and play very often.
MIDDLE player: play dota between 1-3 years
NOOB player: less than 1 year
different level of people need to learn different skills. i am hoping there r 3 serious in house games in our clan, different level of people play in different games. or we can let anyone play in one inhouse game just for fun.
known as, in pro game, pa and some other heroes never show up. however, many people want to show noobs how pro they r, they pick pa and kill until god like.
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 am

so i played dota for 2 and half years so i am middle player
nonstopblue you say stop calling clan mates noobs but you called green a noob lol
Back to top Go down
nonstopblue

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:07 pm

i feel sorry about that kill. however, i dont have any chance to say sorry. i think you remember how many times tea said "fucking" to me? i think i still a noob, but i am better than tea. 1v1 anytime. he is much noob than me, stop yalling at me. and be nice to clan mates.
Back to top Go down
pavjoe2

pavjoe2

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:52 pm

so greenteaa yelled at you lol don't take it so personally
Back to top Go down
Atomicist

Atomicist

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:47 pm

nonstopblue wrote:
i feel sorry about that kill. however, i dont have any chance to say sorry. i think you remember how many times tea said "fucking" to me? i think i still a noob, but i am better than tea. 1v1 anytime. he is much noob than me, stop yalling at me. and be nice to clan mates.
ask anyone in the clan who they would want in a team match, you will always hear greentea, and never hear your name. You crazy.
Back to top Go down
greenteaa

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

honestly i only played for about 1yr and half, pav knows this. and as for you blue, u take everything too personal. we only bitch at you to help you improve yourself. i can yell at someone else and they can take it as an advice but for you its an insult. just like how i was teaching u what you shoulda done, all you did was say shot up even though i know you mean shut up. anyways if you dont want help to improve then take everything as an insult and ill play you 1v1 anytime.
Back to top Go down
sAyHi2TrEyZ

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 pm

i play dotà for 2 weeks so im pro:P

greentéà vs nonstopbleu = greentea win

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

J'distribu les HS par paire de 1 et demi
Back to top Go down
nonstopblue

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 pm

you dont need to talk to me tea, nothing i cant learn from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can we form a fair team?   how can we form a fair team? Empty

Back to top Go down

how can we form a fair team?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next